Sunday, October 30, 2011

Boggled

Dear Sally,

I've never, ever been more confused in my life. Something has happened. Something I can't believe. Something I don't--I don't even know how to talk about. Noel and I were hanging out one night.
And I've told you, like, a million times, he was pretty much the most comforting part of being in New York. I felt that I could go to him, anytime with anything and that he could come to me. We had an understanding.

Ok, wait. Hold on. I gotta back up here. I think that Ben and I have been getting closer. Which....granted isn't saying much. Julie and I are, sort of, at an impass, which, um, I'm sure we'll be fine. I just....don't know how exactly.

Ok, I know, I'm, um....jumping around, but this is important. The university has this used dorm room refrigerator program - whoever wants one signs up. It's like a lottery system, and Noel was in charge. I guess he looked cute that day. I don't really remember. Elena might have thought there was something going on between me and Noel. But I swear to God there was nothing! And you know why there was nothing because Noel are I were friends! New, really good friends. [B Which brings me back to where I started. I mean, all we were doing were sitting there -- playing Boggle.

Sally, you know me. I don't get confused easily. Well, that's not true. But, nothing compares to this. Nothing!
I'm -- I'm so screwed up that I don't even know what I'm feeling. I'm just.....on edge.

So, anyway, I thought this whole Noel thing through extensively...and I truly believe that the most mature way to handle it, for the moment, is to avoid Noel at all costs for as long as possible......which is actually really is a sad feeling. Avoiding someone who might be......your best friend.

The track was on my way home. I just dropped by. I don't know if he'd be there practicing for his tryouts. I remember in high school watching Ben run, and wondering how he ever learned to run like that.

And so tomorrow night at 8 o'clock, Noel and I have.....a maybe date.

-felicity, 1x04



No comments:

Post a Comment