Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pilot

Dear Sally,


You should probably be sitting down for this. First of all everything was perfectly fine. You know on paper. High School was going exactly as it was supposed to. I mean in three months I'd be at Stanford Pre-Med. Then in four years Stanfoed med school. Then I'd start my four year recidency at one of the Stanford hospitals.

My dad was thrilled. You know because basically he's had my life planned out for me since i was pretty much a zygote. I was surronded by people who were actually looking forward to their lives. My parents reaction was typically understated.

They say that crash victims, people who lose a limb, that they can still feel their missing arm or leg even after it's gone it's called phantom pain right. Well suddenly i had this horrible thought. What if highschool went away but the feeling of it didn't. I mean i didn't feel joy or sorrow or anticipation, things were going so well but all I could feel was dread.

Three years ago I held a pint of Ben Covingtons blood. I was volunteering for the tenth grade blood drive. That's just about as close as we ever got. It's funny sometimes the smallest decisions can pretty much change your life forever. So this is what Ben Covington wrote:

Dear Felicity,
Here it goes. I've watched you for four years always wondered what you were like. What was going on in your mind all that time that you were so quiet just drawing in your notebook. I shoulda just asked you but I never asked you. So now four years later I don't even know you. But I admire you Well this makes me sound crazy but I'm okay with that. so take care of Your self.
Love,
Ben
P.S. I would of said K.I.T. but unfortunately we never were in touch

Suddenly I knew what everyone else was feeling. That was the worst summer of my life. So basically I've given up everything my parents planned for me. Everything I ever expected for a boy I don't even kmow. I guess what I'm saying is this all may be a colossal mistake as my dad would say. But on the other hand maybe it'll I save my life or something. I don't know Please respond ASAP I miss you

Love,
Felicity

-felicity, 1x01



No comments:

Post a Comment